October 18, 2011

Green Smoothie

 I'm one of those bad people that don't eat breakfast, even as a child I didn't eat breakfast...(well, the only time I did eat breakfast was when I was pregnant).....I usually get up and have coffee, that seems to be my breakfast, but coffee doesn't seem to be giving me the energy I want, so I went on the search for something simple that even I could deal with and I found the Green Smoothie. So, yesterday when I was in town I bought everything I needed, and made it this morning.....first reaction.....Wow that's good!!

So, here's the recipe:
  • 1-2 bananas
  • 1/2 cup frozen peaches
  • 1/2 cup frozen mango
  • a couple handfuls of spinach
  • water
  • ice (if desired)  
  • Add enough water to blend 

 





   
  You are can add any fruit combo you want, you need so greens in there and spinach is full of vitamins and iron and you can't taste it!

 There are so many health benefits to drinking this everyday, check them out here: http://www.incrediblesmoothies.com/green-smoothies/green-smoothie-health-benefits/

So, I'm gonna keep doing it....super easy, tastes great, all the health benefits are an added bonus!!!
Yay Green!
Give it a try....let me know what you think!!!
Enjoy!!


Kim xo

4 comments:

  1. We do the smoothie thing....lots of blueberries in our house, and ground flax seed (not great for the coffee grinder but I am a tea drinker so all OK!!). Had not thought of spinach, will definately give it a try!! Thanks! .....and yeah I suck at breakie too, will make full breakfast for fam and then realize at noon that I have not eaten :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm looks delish! I do something similar but use my juicer to make fruit juice to water the smoothie down for blending! Yum! Go Green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one or two green smoothies every day and I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to try this :) It looks sooo yummy. I Loveeee smoothies (the problem is a love breakfast cereal too! haha)

    ReplyDelete